It is our goal to provide you with the most honest, up-to-date Best of Lists and Reviews on Organic Products. Our writers and editors research and recommend the best organic products based on their extensive testing. Learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions through affiliate links.
While the most frequently used material in towel making is cotton, the usage of bamboo has been increasing over the last years. The primary reason is that not only are bamboo towels softer and more absorbent, but they are also kind to the environment. According to many, the combination of the two materials appears to be the best option when it comes to bath towels. With the rising demand for high-quality towels and, consequently, the growth of the towel market, consumers sometimes have trouble finding the most suitable product. That’s where we come in! The Yes It’s Organic team will provide information on the benefits and drawbacks of bamboo fabrics and offer a selection of the best bamboo bath towels on the market.
Important Facts About Bamboo Plants
Thanks to its species diversity and ability to grow rapidly and in different locations, bamboo is the No. 1 renewable resource. The plant requires no fertilizers, pesticides, or large amounts of water, which means that it’s environmentally friendly. Harvesting bamboo plants is feasible without killing any animal or the plant itself—so, not only is it a great choice for eco-conscious consumers, but it’s also ideal for vegans. Another environmental benefit of the bamboo plant is biodegradability; its decomposition process causes no contamination or pollution. These qualities contributed to the plant’s increasing popularity and the improvement of the bamboo manufacturing process.
However, there are two ways to turn bamboo fibers into a fabric—mechanically and chemically. A mechanical process is a good option for the environment, while the latter involves chemically intensive procedures, which may have harmful impacts primarily on workers’ health. For this reason, choosing a reputable manufacturer is crucial if you want to get an environmentally safe and high-quality product.
What Is Good About Bamboo Fabric?
After going through the main bamboo facts and advantages, we’ll provide a list of the bamboo fabric benefits. If wondering why you should purchase a bamboo bath towel, you’ll find an array of answers below! Aside from the popular eco-friendliness, here are its most distinctive characteristics:
- Hypoallergenic and antibacterial properties make bamboo bath towels perfect for sensitive individuals prone to allergies.
- Softness and durability are some of the most important qualities consumers search for in a bath towel, and bamboo products have it all.
- Microscopic holes in bamboo fibers cause excellent ventilation of the fabric, which gives bamboo towels long-term freshness.
- Being a great absorbent, bamboo is an ideal choice for bath towels because they soak up all the water easily after taking a shower.
- Bamboo textile is naturally odor-resistant and more wrinkle-resistant than many other materials.
- Bamboo fabrics absorb natural dyes efficiently and rapidly, which allows consumers to have both an exceptional and beautifully colored product.
- Towels made from bamboo are usually very light and so are an excellent choice for people who travel frequently.
The Best Bamboo Bath Towels
You’ve discovered the pros to using this type of product, and this section will respond to a couple of most frequently asked questions: where to buy bamboo towels and how much do bamboo towels cost? The easiest way to answer these questions is by providing the best-rated products, their characteristics, and prices.
A 100% bamboo towel isn’t as fluffy as the bamboo-cotton combinations. So, bamboo is blended with cotton to obtain the benefits of both materials and create beautifully soft and ultra-absorbent towels. Go through the following list to find the brand that meets your requirements and fits your budget!
1. Ariv Premium Bamboo Cotton Bath Towels
Ariv Collection offers super-absorbent and environmentally-safe products available at a reasonable price.
- The Ariv towels are made from 30% natural bamboo and 70% natural cotton.
- The set includes four same-sized towels (30” x 52”).
- They come in a variety of colors: white, gray, platinum, linen, and duck egg (pale blue-ish green).
The price for a four-piece set of towels is only $29.99. The product has a 4.6 rating with an amazing 75% of five-star reviews.
2. Aibaser Premium Bamboo Cotton Bath Towels
The Aibaser brand provides soft and comfortable towels created from a selection of natural materials.
- Products are made from 80% bamboo and 20% cotton.
- The set consists of six pieces of 27” x 54” bath towels.
- A set can be either all-white or include light blue, green, pink, and yellow towels.
The cost of one bath towel set is $49.99. Aibaser towels have a rating of 4.5 out of 5, and 72% of consumers are extremely pleased with the products.
3. JML Luxury Bamboo Bath Towels
The JML Store is one of the nation’s favorite brands, which offers premium towels with a perfect small gift—a laundry bag.
- JML bath towels are created of 90% bamboo viscose and 10% cotton.
- The set includes two 27” x 54” towels and a laundry bag.
- You can choose from several colors: beige, green, gray, white, and pink.
A two-piece towel set is $29.99. According to reviews, customers are satisfied with the towels’ durability and overall quality, and the rating is 4.3 out of 5.
4. Mosobam Luxury Bamboo Oversized Towel Set
Mosobam uses natural and self-replenishing bamboo to create premium-quality home textile products.
- Their towels are made from 50% bamboo viscose and 50% Aegean Turkish cotton.
- A set can include either eight or four towels of different sizes.
- Mosobam offers an astonishing selection of colors: seagrass green, navy blue, light gray, light taupe, lavender, allure blue, and charcoal.
The price depends on the set, and the average cost is $80.00. With an excellent 4.7 rating, this store has over 90% of well-pleased and proud customers.
5. Cariloha Organic Bamboo and Turkish Cotton Towels
The Cariloha brand has a great passion for comfort and sustainability and offers OEKO-TEX certified products, ideal for sensitive skin.
- Cariloha bath towels consist of 42% bamboo viscose and 58% Turkish-combed cotton.
- They come in sets of three different-sized towels.
- You can choose one of the following colors: blue lagoon, blush, ocean mist, onyx, stone, and white.
The cost of one Cariloha towel set is $49.00. The store has scored a global rating of 4.6, and consumers are amazed by towels’ softness and absorption capacity.
6. Marmaris Co. Luxury Bath, Face, and Hand Towels
Marmaris Co. provides lightweight, delicate, and beautifully embroidered towels made in Turkey and available at a competitive price.
- Towels contain 70% viscose bamboo and 30% Turkish cotton.
- The set includes three products: a face, hand, and bath towel.
- They are available in eight bold colors: blue, light gray, blush, dusty rose, petrol, light charcoal, seafoam, and white.
A standard price for a three-piece towel set is $44.95, and it’s a great value given that the majority of buyers are content with the products.
7. Towels Beyond Luxury Bamboo Towels
Towels Beyond has a wide range of OEKO-TEX certified products ideal for both adults and families with children.
- The towel set is a blend of 40% bamboo viscose and 60% combed Turkish cotton.
- The store offers eight-piece sets, which include two large bath towels, two hand towels, and four washcloths.
- Products come in four colors: blue, green, gray, and ivory.
Each set is only $54.99, which makes it one of the most affordable options on the market. Over 80% of customers are extremely satisfied, and the overall rating is 4.5 out of 5.
8. Bedsure Luxury Bath Towel Sets
The Bedsure brand aims to bring cozy comfort to families all over the globe and provides cost-effective organic bedding sets.
- Their towels are made of 33% bamboo rayon and 67% cotton.
- Each Bedsure set consists of six towels in three different sizes.
- You can purchase a gray, white, or teal-colored set.
A standard cost is $49.99 per set. It has a significantly smaller number of reviews than other manufacturers, but all of them are positive and encouraging.
How To Wash and Care For Bamboo Bath Towels
Taking care of such a delicate product like a bamboo towel may seem like a challenging task, but it’s actually quite easy. We’re going to take you through the process and explain how to wash, dry, or store bamboo towels properly. Follow the listed steps to make sure your bamboo towel stays soft, smooth, and fresh!
Before the first use, wash your bamboo bath towel in warm or cold water to tighten its structure and improve its durability. After that, read through the instructions for taking care of your products.
- How to wash bamboo towels: You can wash them in a machine at a maximum of 30 degrees and using a mild detergent. For extra care, put a towel in a laundry bag. Be sure not to use any bleach or fabric softeners.
- How to dry bamboo towels: The best way is to let the product air dry, but you can also tumble dry it on medium or low heat. If you choose the first option, take them in as soon as they dry to avoid over-exposure to the sun and its high temperature. To achieve the highest level of softness, it’s suggested that you let them air dry until about 80% or 90% and then briefly tumble dry them to fluff the towels up.
- How to store bamboo towels: Although your bathroom is the most obvious towel storage place, it’s the worst location for bamboo fabrics. Constant humidity and prolonged heat can and will damage your towels in the long term. For this reason, place them in a cool and dry place away from any source of heat or moisture.