It is our goal to provide you with the most honest, up-to-date Best of Lists and Reviews on Organic Products. Our writers and editors research and recommend the best organic products based on their extensive testing. Learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions through affiliate links.
Want to learn how you can get a better night’s sleep literally overnight? Keep reading and you’ll see why the best organic comforters available are the solution you’ve been looking for.
What Is Organic Bedding?
Organic bedding is considered bedding that is made out of natural fiber materials, like organic cotton. Even though natural bedding usually costs more than regular bedding, in the long run, you’ll most likely save money because synthetic materials degrade over time. Organic materials, on the other hand, last longer, meaning you won’t have to buy new pieces as often as you will with organic products, such as Organic Cotton Merino Wool Comforters.
Are Organic Comforters Good for Your Health?
Yes, organic bedding is good for your health. At its most basic level, organic bedding is free of dangerous chemicals like pesticides, harsh chemicals, and fabric treatments that some companies use on more traditional bedding.
What Are the Benefits of Having Organic Comforters?
After some heavy research, we think these benefits of organic comforters bring the most value to the bedroom.
- Health and Happiness
Due to the lack of chemical preservatives, organic cotton sheets are anti-allergic to a large extent. Non-organic sheets can cause skin or respiratory troubles that are harmful to one’s health when used in bedding with chemical reactivity. It is critical to prioritize bedding materials that promote human health over those that do not.
- Pleasant Convenience
Rather than chemical refinement, the weaving of the cloth is used to achieve the required density and softness in a product that is usually soft even after repeated washing. Organic bedding has fewer interactions with noxious substances, resulting in a naturally pleasant experience. The refinement or softness of the sheets is a result of the cotton fabrication process.
- A More Restful Sleep
Regular sheets and bedding aren’t known for their capacity to retain moisture, light, and smoothness. It can also make you agitated and make your summer night hot. Natural sheets, on the other hand, are extremely breathable and can make your night more comfortable. Organic bedding is the greatest choice for long-lasting comfort and a healthy night’s sleep.
The Top 3 Best-Rated Organic Comforters on Amazon
If you want comfort and sustainability in the bedroom, the EcoPure Sienna Comforter Set offers a touchable softness and serene beauty. The set is created with 100% GOTS certified organic cotton and Oeko-Tex certified dyes and finishes. It’s soft, light, and breathable for a comfortable night’s sleep.
Knife edges along with a white floral design on a natural linen-colored background give the bedding a clean look and finish. The shams feature a 1-inch self-flange and a 6-inch center back closure. It is best to check prices on Amazon.
This INK+IVY jacquard comforter is made of 100 percent organic cotton and will add a touch of global flair to any bedroom. The organic cotton comforter king’s striped design on the taupe foundation gives the entire set a unique farmhouse feel and adds a stylish touch to your environment.
The bedding set is hypoallergenic and OEKO-TEX certified, which means it contains no dangerous ingredients or chemicals, assuring great comfort and wellness. Check pricing on Amazon.
This premium organic cotton collection is particularly soft, durable, and skin-friendly. It comes with duvet storage back and will have you feeling like you’re sleeping in clouds thanks to its premium white feather and down filling with a fill power of 750.
The baffle-box design of the comforter keeps the fill content from escaping and keeps the bedding properly spread for extra warmth. This down duvet insert is lightweight and puffy to keep you warm and cozy. To get good prices related to the product, click here to check prices on Amazon.
How to Shop for the Best Organic Comforters
Whether you’re shopping for an organic cotton comforter king, queen, or full size, make sure to keep these tips in mind when picking out one:
- Cotton, linen, silk, and wool are all 100% natural fibers that can be used to sleep in. These fabrics let your skin breathe while wicking moisture away from the body naturally. And this is exactly why you should shop for organic comforters made of 100% natural fibers, including Organic Cotton Merino Wool Comforters.
- Avoid synthetic fabrics like satin sheets, which may feel nice to the touch, but they do not enable your skin to breathe due to various chemically processes. They also generate static electricity, which has an impact on your bedroom’s electro-climate.
- Additionally, stay away from mix fibers. Although they may resemble cotton or silk in appearance and feel, manufacturers frequently use synthetic fibers to improve texture and save manufacturing costs.
- Avoid all chemically treated comforters. The chemicals are may cause nose and accessory sinus cancer, nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal cancer, and lung cancer.
Comforters that are chemically treated during the manufacturing process can also induce contact dermatitis, which can manifest as mild or severe skin flare-ups.
How to Take Care of Organic Comforters
When caring for your natural comforter set, keep these considerations in mind.
- First, don’t wash the bedding too much. Generally, it’s best to wash an organic cotton filled comforter once a week. Keep in mind that the frequency of washing varies depending on the material.
- Be sure to close all of the zippers or that remove all of the fiber.
- Remove the stains and spots by dabbing them with a vinegar and water solution. If it doesn’t work, you can use oxygenated bleach on white and lighter-colored materials.
The Bottom Line
Maybe your comforter shows off your personality and matches your bedroom decor to a T, but does it help you sleep better? With sleep quality impacting your wellbeing so much, it only makes sense to upgrade to an organic comforter set. And when you do, you’ll be doing both yourself and Mother Nature a favor.